- Jay born, I now have a daughter and a son
- Working out the meaning of life whilst aged 42! "Memorable Experiences"
- Meeting Alan
- Getting a job with ANZ and for the first time in my working life, not having to sell!!
- A Nokia 3315 and an AAPT pre-paid card
- Doing Improv and starring on stage, and Keith Johnstone's Impro and The Theatre (thanks John)
- Finally setting up a real Weblog (thanks John)
- England winning the Rugby World Cup and Man Utd catching Arsenal
- Jason McCarthy surviving the Bali bombing to make his 1 game comeback for North Melbourne Kangaroos
- Seeing Cluetrain come true through Howard Dean, and Robert Scoble
- Spending more than I was earning
- Ecademy and the disappointment of "Social Software"
- Sepp Blatter
- George Bush
I'll add some more when I remember them. It's difficult to think of the whole year instead of just the last few months.
For me, 2001 was the year of the Gadget, 2002 was the year of Writing, 2003 was the year of Moneymaking (Huh!), 2004.........I think it's the year of Action. I've had quite enough Vision and Creativity and Curiosity and I can keep going with those things anyway, but it's time to cut down, focus, and get a few number of things done well. My new job, gaining recognition, the kids and Annie, keeping this weblog going, consolidating on our 2+ years here in Melbourne.
What's really great, is to start a new job next week, with a new email address (so no incoming emails!), and a completely clean slate, so I can dump all the things I had on the go, and choose the contacts I make. Annie, 2 kids, a new job, I'm really looking forward to 2004.
Of course, there's the usual, Exercise More, Eat Less, Improve My Health, Time with Annie, Time with Georgia and Jay, etc etc. In fact if I did those things without the "etc etc" I will be very pleased with 2004.
I'm so focused already I can't even think about world things, like George Bush, The Internet, Corporate Behaviour. That will all happen with or without my contribution!!