Goodbye Ecademy. The last straw was reducing the facilities for non-paying members, to the point where they can't use the service. They've effectively silenced any dissent by not allowing networking or weblogging on their site, for non-paying members.
I had been a "PowerNetworker" but there is little value for non-UK based people like me, who in Australia effectively pays over twice the price for 1/20th the value.
Ton has put together a lot of the things I was going to say.
In leaving a comment for Ton, I realised some of the things I'd like to ask of Ecademy and Thomas Power.
- How confidential is the information which people post in private messages?
- How many members join versus how many "leave" or go dormant?
- Do Ecademy remove members or keep them there to make the numbers look better?
- What is the financial status of Ecademy?
- Why hasn't Ecademy grown exponentially as other networks have?
- How much intellectual capital has Ecademy lost by pissing off many people for a few extra bucks?
I guess you pays your money and takes your choice.