Maybe it's the tone of the BBC article, but The New Pope sounds like a bundle of fun!
- Ex Hitler Youth (mandatory for all young German men)
- Allied prisoner of war
- Campaign against liberation theology in Latin America
- Described homosexuality as a "tendency towards an intrinsic moral evil"
- Pro-choice politicians should be denied Communion
- Turkey should not be admitted into the European Union
"His supporters say his experiences under the Nazi regime convinced him that the Church had to stand up for truth and freedom"
But Whose truth?
The cardinal is a "scientist" who "prefers intellectual discussions" says Mr Cooper, whereas many Catholics want priests and bishops "who will touch the hearts".
So it's business as usual.
If only the Catholic Church would do away with the celibacy of priests, and allow contraception.
Not this time round.