I'm enjoying using MindManager 6 Pro, the recently released upgrade to MindManager X5 Pro.
I have been beta testing the software for nearly 2 months, but I wasn't sure what I could say, so I said nothing!
Now it's on general release, there are a few things I really like.
1. Topic Alert means that a topic can have a timed reminder, making it more likely that I'll use MindManager for task alerts rather than Outlook.
2. New topic formats means that each topic can have its own format e.g an Org Chart for part of the MindMap. This also almost gives me my dream suggestion which is to have branches facing each other so that I can show a many to many relationship.
3. Even better integration with Microsoft Office, including Excel now, and a preview pane for creating PowerPoint slides from the MindMap, even in ink, which it converts on to the PowerPoint preview as typed text.
4. More upfront taskbar icons for formatting topics, a bit like the direction Office12 is moving in.
5. Attaching files as part of the MindMap. This isn't just a hyperlink, but the MindMap packs all the files in with the MindMap, so you can send the whole project including all attachments as a single MindMap. (Not to self, remember to pick a project and run the whole thing from MindManager including the storing of files)
There are lots of other improvements I haven't tried yet.
Two suggestions I'd still like to see:
1. "Left Map" so that floating topics can face the main MindMap for a many to many relationship. This only works on the left of the MindMap with "Right Map"
2. More flexibility with printing and viewing. Some of us do actually have more than 20 items on a MindMap so require the human brain to fit it all on the screen or printed page, by being able to tuck some topics/branches behind others, or even have them crossing each other. This used to be possible with previous releases of MindManager. Give us the option again please!
At some point it would be really cool if the topics could angle up and down, and also be able to angle text. And we'd be able to Zag topics/branches back on themselves and fit even more on to the page.