Well Steve McClaren, England manager, the same things keep happening. And therefore you're mad! I'll give you a few simple rules to follow so that you can manage your England team.
1. Don't pick players out of potion
2. Play 4-4-2 and if you don't have the talent, stiffen it with two strong central midfielders, and two wingers, one with a left foot and the other with a right foot, and play the left footed player on the left! Or better still, only pick two footed players!
3. Stop picking players who used to be good, but have experience.
4. Make sure that you can get goals from more than one player (or any player). What about picking a team based on most or some of the players being able to score!
5. Pick players who play well for England regardless of their club form, equally don't pick players who play well for their clubs, but never play well for England.
6. Give a player 3 games, a full 90mins, and if they don't perform, DROP THEM and make 'em fight to get back in the team. If they sulk, they'll do the same on the pitch when the going gets tough.
7.If the overpaid top players don't deliver, then pick lower level players who want to play.
8. If you don't have great players, then develop a great system that average players can play in, and only pick players who can play to that system.
9. And finally, pick a scary team! Pick players who scare the opposition, because your player is fast, big, bad, unpredictable. Look at the England team. Who's scary? You don't look down the team list with England (or Chelsea) and say, "Oh No, Fat Frank Lampard is playing!!". Lennon on the right wing. Gerrard in the centre. Rooney just behind the front forward. Those are difficult players to play against. Phil Neville at left back, Lampard and Hargreaves, aren't exactly scary, are they?
My all time England team includes scary full-backs. Stuart Pearce and Viv Anderson. I wouldn't want to play against those guys. I wouldn't want to play against Jack Charlton's Ireland. Jeez, how difficult is it to manage an international football team with goodish players!!